Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Kidisms

Only a few "Kidisms" this year, darn it!  The kids are still darling and funny, but they just don't make the same types of mispronunciations or grammar mistakes that they used to.  They are getting too big, sigh...

January 2017
I will be sad the day Bree stops asking for a "Ricepy-Krispy Treat."

February 2017
The kids empty their lunchboxes after school and there is always lots left to eat, so that becomes their afternoon snack. Today, Miles, stressed, called out, "Mom! Yuck! I think some frogs or something got in my pudding and laid eggs!" (He loves vanilla and Tess loves tapioca, and I guess I got them mixed up today when I was packing lunches.) Whoops!

March 2017
Another cutie from Bree: Chicken Cordon Bleu =
"Corn, Chicken, & Blue"

May 2017
Joke from Bree:
"Knock-knock."
"Who's there?"
"Nunya."
"Nunya who?"
"Nunya of your business."
(haha! not quite there, but good try!)

July 2017
Cute Tess gave us this kidism last night as we were getting ready to watch fireworks and "God Bless the USA" was playing over the loudspeaker: Miles asked if America had ever been in a war with itself and we said yes, in the Civil War. We said it was North versus South. Then Tess piped up and said, "yep, the Yankees versus.... the Red Sox?" Hahahaha! I love it!

No comments: