Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017!

We had a great Christmas!  First off, we had our Ward Christmas party earlier in the month.  The Young Men/Young Women were in charge so Bryan and Tess were busy helping.  We had a cookie exchange and a white elephant gift exchange too.  The night finished up with a special visitor from the North Pole!




We also had our annual Jensen Christmas party with my extended family at my Aunt Kathy's house (which I forgot to take any pictures of!)  Food, games, gifts, and family!  A super fun party, followed by a stop to Temple Square to see the lights and visit the Family History Center.  (There are lots of neat things to do there, to learn more about our ancestors and even ourselves--for example, the kids were able to learn that there are thousands of Bryans, Tesses, Mileses, and Brees in the USA, but only 52 Michonnes!  Honestly, I was surprised there are even that many!)


Christmas Eve is always our traditional dinner and party with the Terrys at Bryan's sister's house.  (More great food, games, and spending time with loved ones, and another time I forgot pictures--oops!)

Each year we take the kids to the dollar store and let them each choose a gift for everyone else in the family.  Then on Christmas Eve, we open those gifts along with the new Christmas jammies for the kids.  This year, Bree chose this awesome elf hat for Bryan!  (And it goes great with his new "ugly Christmas sweater.")

Christmas morning is always so exciting.  I am like the kids, I can hardly sleep because I'm so anxious to wake up and see the presents!

 Our main family gift this year was discovered by a scavenger hunt.  Since we couldn't wrap the gift, we made clues (each one was a rhyme sending the kids to a new place in our house, and a letter clue.)  They ran all over the house getting new clues and letters and then unscrambled the letters at the end to discover that we are going on a cruise!

Here is their reaction when they realized what it was!  (We are so dang excited to go in January!  We'll be going to the Eastern Caribbean and it should be wonderful.)

On Christmas day, we enjoyed visits with Gramma & Grampa Terry, and with my immediate family at Papa's house (which, again, I didn't take any pictures of!)  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments: