Saturday, December 5, 2009

How big of morons are we??

In June we had a family reunion at a waterpark in Idaho. After swimming and driving home, we realized that we left both kids' lifejackets by the side of the pool. Luckily, when I called, they had them in Lost & Found and said they would mail them to us, using our own credit card (which I understand because it was our fault.) We needed them for a waterski trip and waited anxiously for them to arrive in the mail. Then, one day I got a call from the place in Idaho, and they had been returned to them because the address was copied down wrong! argh. So, they agreed to re-send them (at their cost this time), but they didn't get here in time for the waterski trip. (Fortunately my dad had some extra ones that were small enough to fit our kids.)

Fast forward to yesterday when Bryan & I took the kids swimming, to celebrate Miles' birthday (coming up on Monday!) This morning I was folding all the clean, dry swimming suits to put away in the swimming bag...when I noticed that--you guessed it--the lifejackets were nowhere to be found. ARGH!!! I cannot believe that we did it again! What would we do if we had more children? Leave one of THEM at the pool?

Unfortunately this time there were some very dishonest people at the Clearfield Aquatic Center, because nobody turned them in to Lost & Found and the lifeguard staff has not seen them. Maybe this time we'll learn our lesson and take better care of our new ones...when we get some.

2 comments:

kcooke said...

Oh man that stinks! I am sorry..it is sad when people feel like it is okay to take something that is not theirs!
And don't worry, forgeting happens to most everyone, I think. I know I would forget my head if it was not attached to me ha ha :)

Jennie Moore said...

That bites... So sorry. Do you want to borrow Eeff's? He has a florecent yellow one that might fit Miles...