Wednesday, December 2, 2009
What would I do without Alex & Leah?
Signing Time saved me again! When Tess was little, she loved Signing Time and knew a lot of signs, but she also spoke very early and very clearly. Miles is a total Signing Time addict and I'm lucky that he is because he does NOT speak very clearly. He jabbers long sentences and I usually only understand a word or two. This morning after breakfast he kept pointing to a kitchen cabinet and repeating the word "daw!" I had no idea what he was talking about, so I asked him the sign. He did a sign and I still couldn't figure out what the sign was...finally I realized he was doing the sign for "draw" and the cupboard he was pointing to was where we keep the "straws." He wanted a straw to drink the milk from his cereal bowl. (Whew!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea for more than one form of communication. I like Alex and Leah also. They really teach me a lot, but the only problem is I get the songs stuck in my head day after day.
Post a Comment