Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Big Boy!

Well, we figured that it was about time to get Miles a big boy bed.  He's 6 months older than Tess was when we moved her to her big bed, and he's a lot taller than she was.  He was basically touching both ends of the crib, head to toe, so it was time.  But he loved his crib--he never tried to get out of it; in fact I have seen him climb into it before, so I know that he's capable of climbing out but he just doesn't have the desire.  Last night he actually was kind of sick before bed and threw up, so I was holding him and snuggling him because he had a sore tummy and he whispered up at me, "Mama, put me in my kib."  (Yes, it did make me a little sad.)

We knew he couldn't stay in there forever, so we went and got him a big bed today, along with some new bedding.  We surprised him with some Spiderman sheets and he was so excited about them!  He got kind of mad at us when we put on his bedspread because it covered up Spiderman.  Anyway, we just went in and peeked at him and he is zonked out, happy as a clam with Spiderman.  I hope that it'll take him a very long time before he can figure out that all he has to do is stand up and walk out of his room.  That is not a battle that I look forward to.  In some ways though, Bryan & I think that we may never have to fight that war like we did with Tess; he has such a different personality than her and he seems to not push his limits the way that she does.  So, here's hopin' that I'll hear his sweet little voice in the morning like I always do:  "Mom!  There's a 7 on mine clock!  Time a wake up!"   (And hoping that I'm not awakened by a little face, inches from mine, in the middle of the night....every parent has had that experience and it's quite terrifying.  You know the one--you're sound asleep, and your room remains silent but somehow you just know that someone is there, and then you open your eyes and see someone else's eyes boreing two holes in your head, just inches from your face.)  Although, I guess if it's this face, then it's OK...

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, that's so cute. I love a sleeping babe. How great is it that he just went to sleep on that new bed?

Creed was our kid who would wake us in the middle of the night with the creepy staring. Except he would say in a barely audible whisper "mom (pause) mom (pause) mom (pause)" over and over and over.

Arin and Troy said...

Miles looks so BIG sleeping there!!! He looks like he has gotten so much bigger since we left.

Stockton has always loved his crib too. I used to get sad because I would want to cuddle and rock him before bed, but he just wanted me to put him in his bed. Logan is definitely a cuddler though so I guess I got my wish with him. :)