Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Perfect Day

Today I had my first babysitting swap. A friend of mine is going to swap babysitting with me one day a month to go and do whatever we want, kid-free! (I hope to use my days to substitute at Tess’s school, but today was just a “whatever” day.)

It was a perfect day. I dropped the kids off at the sitter/school. Then came home and got ready in total silence. Next, I drove to Logan with my BFF. (I didn’t drive the mini-van; I drove the car. Yippee!) I listened (loudly!) to a radio station that I loved, not the children’s sing-along CD.

In Logan, I went shopping. For clothes. For me. With birthday money. Awesome!

Then we went to lunch and had yummy, fattening Mexican food, with real Dr. Pepper—not Diet.

While my friend had a class on campus, I visited a few old haunts. I ran into my “head teacher” from when I taught preschool at USU, and I had a good long visit with my aide from when I taught Kindergarten at Adams Elementary. Then I spent a few minutes people-watching on the quad. (Man, did you know that they let high school kids into college now? It was so weird; everyone there was about 14-17 years old, I swear!)

We finished the day with some frozen yogurt.
 Now I have more yummy, fattening Mexican food to look forward to for dinner. (Bryan is gone tonight so I get my leftovers for dinner!) I have already decided that after the kids are in bed tonight, I’ll read my new novel in a big bubble bath.

I cannot think of anything more perfect than today. What’s your perfect day?

2 comments:

Jennie Moore said...

I had a great time too! Can't wait for another perfect day.

Arin and Troy said...

You are lucky! That really sounds like my perfect day, too!!