Friday, June 26, 2015

Happy 10th Birthday to Tess!

I can't believe we have a 10-year-old!  Time really does go in the blink of an eye.  Tess was able to have a birthday party with her friends this year and she chose to go ice skating.  They did an ice skating field trip this past year in school, and she loved it, so that's what she picked.  And that was awesome for us because we didn't really have to do much as far as planning/decorating/etc!  All but about 2 of the girls who came could skate well enough that they felt comfortable out on the ice.  The other two girls took turns going around with Bryan (an excellent ice skater) or with me (barely good enough to feel comfortable but a good "encourager" nonetheless!) :)

She wanted chocolate cupcakes with strawberries on top.  Easy peasy.  Here are some fun pictures of the party.
Back: Mari, Lauren P., Brooke, Tess, Lauren A., Abby, Morgan.  Front: Bree, Sierra, Ashley.

 
 This was Miles's first time ice skating and he did great!  

Bree skated around with Bryan for a bit, but she mostly stood in the penalty box and happily watched!







Here is Tess's interview, along with a look back at some sweet baby photos...

Tess is 4’6” feet tall.

What is a happy memory you have?  Learning how to rollerblade down the hall.

What is one word to describe you?  I don’t know…Creative

Why do you like being a kid?  Sometimes I don’t….  But I don’t have to go to work every day and wake up at 6:00 am.

What do you like to do for fun?  Rollerblade, tumbling, volleyball, softball, play with my family & friends

What's your favorite thing to do with your friends?  I like to play outside like in a pool or slip-n-slide

What's your favorite thing to do with your family?  Eat downstairs, pizza, and watch a movie

What's the nicest thing you did for someone?   I helped Bree clean her room

What's your favorite song?  I’m Only Human and Royals

What's your favorite color?  turquoise

 What's your favorite movie?  That’s hard…Matilda and Harry Potter

What's your favorite book?  Fablehaven

What's your favorite TV show?  Lab Rats, Gortimer Gibbons, Kora

What's your favorite food?  French Dip Sandwiches

What's your favorite dessert?  Pie, cake, and Scotcharoos

Who's your best friend?  Mari

What's a talent of yours?  Gymnastics, swimming, soccer, softball, volleyball

What do you want to be when you grow up?  An astronomer or a singer

What's the best thing about being 10?  I get more respect and responsibilities

Oh Tess, how we love you!  Wise and mature beyond her years, Tess has been a great helper to us and a great big sister to her sibs.  She has the most creative mind, always coming up with crafty projects and artwork.  She is STRONG and athletic and super flexible too.  She loves to give hugs and her friends love to be around her because she is bubbly and spunky.  Happy Birthday Miss Tess-the-mess! 

No comments: