Miles had a fun birthday this year. It was one of those where we celebrated a little bit for about 3 or 4 days! Sunday, Papa came up to celebrate;
Monday, G&G T came to celebrate,
and then we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and to Retrocade with his buddy Westley;
Miles wanted a Star Wars cake. He mentioned Darth Vader first, but black frosting is yuck (and stains your whole mouth), so I talked him out of that. Then he said he just wanted a light saber, but I thought that was a little boring so I surprised him and did Yoda. It turned out OK. I always remind myself that it really doesn't matter how it looks since we'll just be cutting it up and eating it soon anyway! But I did like the saying on top: "9, Miles is!" (Say it in your best Yoda voice!)
Tuesday, Miles celebrated in his school class and got to open presents from us; and finally Wednesday--his actually birthday--we flew to Florida to begin our trip! We told the flight attendant that it was his birthday, and at the end of our flight the pilot got on the intercom to say we were landing, but he also told the whole plane that we had a special passenger, Miles, celebrating his 9th birthday today! That was pretty cool. Then, at the hotel that night in Miami, the awesome hotel staff bought him a darling little cake to have in our room, complete with a candle and a book of matches. People are so dang nice! (I'll have a picture of that in my next post.)
Here is Miles's birthday interview, along with a trip down memory lane of old pictures. (I always love looking back through our pictures to find these oldies. But it makes me miss my little babies! I wish they could just stop growing...)
Miles is 4' 8 1/2” feet tall.
What is a happy memory you have from this year? The day that we went to Boondock's.
What is one word to describe you? Friendly.
Why do you like being a kid? 'Cause then you don't really have so many responsibilities and you don't have to deal with money and stuff.
What do you like to do for fun? to play with friends, to go to amusement parks, I also like traveling and being with my family.
What's your favorite thing to do with your friends? playing sports and video games, and like, jumping on bean bags.
What's your favorite thing to do with your family? go to amusement parks, travel with them, and to play with them.
What's the nicest thing you did for someone this year? yesterday I pushed Ryder's wheelchair and that made me feel really good and happy.
What's your favorite song? I don't know; I don't have one.
What's your favorite color? green.
What's your favorite movie? I like a lot of movies, but probably MegaMind.
What's your favorite book? Fablehaven and Big Nate.
What's your favorite TV show? Woody Woodpecker.
What's your favorite food? I can't choose, maybe rice & meatballs.
What's your favorite dessert? cake and ice cream, and banana pie.
Who's your best friend? Westley.
What's a talent of yours? piano, basketball, baseball, running.
What do you want to be when you grow up? an astronaut.
What's the best thing about being 9? being able to fly drones, and just being older 'cause you can do more stuff when you're older. And getting a higher allowance.
Miles is awesome. He is very in-tune to how others around him are feeling, and he tries to make people happy (maybe not his sisters...but everyone else.) :) He tries hard to master new things, even when he gets frustrated or discouraged, he usually won't give up until he gets it. Miles is a ham! He loves to make people laugh; he is always cracking jokes and making silly faces--you'll notice in the million pictures in my next posts about our cruise--he's usually pulling some goofy face! Happy birthday Miles, we love you!







No comments:
Post a Comment