Wednesday, May 24, 2017

6th Grade Fun

Of course there was fun stuff happening in the 6th Grade as well!  Tess had an awards assembly and a talent show this week.  She has become close friends with a darling girl in her class name Benttlee.  They are very similar and have so much fun together.  For the talent show they decided to do a routine in the dark; they bought matching neon clothes and used glow sticks and lights during their performance.  The routine was called "Jump."  First they came out tumbling (here is Tess doing her back tuck)...
...then they did cool jump rope tricks.  Here they are jumping in the same jump rope together...
...then they did hula hoops, first regular hula hooping...
and then spinning them around themselves like a jump rope...
They also did skip ropes (the kind that goes around one ankle.)

I got tired just watching them!  They did a great job.

Tess also was given many neat awards during the awards assembly.  I was so proud of her!  She has very high achievement in academics, she was a class officer, and she also got 2 physical fitness awards, one of which was so hard to get that only 3 kids in the whole grade qualified!  Wow!  (I'll tell ya, I am grateful that she inherited her coordination and physical skills from her dad, not from me!) 
Way to go Tess!  You are amazing!

No comments: