Each year in May the school hosts a Junior Author/Artist night for the kids to show off some of their work during the year. It's fun to go see the school all decorated and filled with student artwork and stories. Here is Bree's self portrait:
It says "I am Bree. I am 5 years old. I like to do crafts. My favorite thing at school is writing books."Miles was assigned to a group for his artwork. They had to design a poster for a fairy tale. His group was all girls and they chose The Little Mermaid. He didn't love the choice, but he was outvoted. So here is their poster.
For his story, he wrote about a farmer named Bob. In the end poor Bob gets blown up. This particular page says "Bob does the job and dies. Kablooie!"
Tess couldn't come with us, but we were sure to go and see her artwork as well. The 6th graders had to draw an abstract picture of a fruit and had to write a poem about how they are like that fruit. Tess's is about Starfruit. It says:
"I'm bright and yellow like the sun
And always ready for some fun.
Sharp at first
Then so sweet I'll burst.
Totally good enough to stun.
Have you ever heard good things come in small packages?
Well I'm perfect for those adages.
I'm a starfruit, can't you tell
I'm sweet and kind and I mean well.
so I'm sweet in the end and not at all like cabbages.
I'm loved by many
East taste is worth a penny.
I'm sweet and sometimes sour
Yet I bloom as a beautiful flower.
So as a rate I'm higher than a twenty."
Great job, kiddos!
No comments:
Post a Comment