Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Miles!

Miles turned five on December 7th.  He was so excited to get up extra early to open presents.  One great thing about Miles (or maybe not-so-great, depending on his mood) is his ability to show his emotions.  Here he is--thrilled with some of his new things (a Hot Wheels Wall Tracks and a new Wii game).

 For his cake he asked for a "Sonic" cake.  "Sonic Colors" is a Wii game that he plays and loves, and so he wanted a cake like it...I'm really new to fondant, but I have a friend who is a super great cake decorator and she said she'd help me.  So we gave it a go and here's what we came up with:
 I bought the Sonic figurine to go on top because we knew that part should be perfect.  We molded the "wisps" (those are the colorful guys around the edges) out of fondant, and my friend used her Cricut machine for the letters and shapes out of fondant too.  I was really happy with the way it turned out.  And it tasted good too! (which is the most important part!)
 For this birthday, Miles got to have a "friend"  birthday party.  There were 10 kiddos there and everything turned out really well.  Bryan had half the kids for a craft while I played games with the other half, and then we switched.  After cake and presents, we went out to the garage for a pinata--I think that was everyone's favorite part.


 We sure love this guy--he is such a sweet boy.  He always tries to mind and follow rules.  He is super smart and has a memory like a steel trap.  He is kind to his friends and he's a really likable kid--almost always smiling and laughing (in fact, his cousins even gave him the nickname "Smiles."  It suits him!)
Here are his interview questions:
Favorite thing to do:  play the Wii
Favorite Wii game:  Super Mario Galaxy
Favorite thing that is NOT a video game:  play cars
Special friends:  Gabe, Owen, Mya, and Pressley
Favorite food:  quiche
Favorite treat:  Starburst or Bubble Gum
Favorite fruit & vegetable:  pineapple & carrot
Least favorite food:  green beans
Favorite part of preschool:  snack and learning new things
Favorite thing to do with Tess:  everything
Favorite thing to do with Bree:  push her on her Lion rider
Favorite thing to do with Daddy:  go shooting
Favorite thing to do with Mama:  play games
Favorite book: Sesame Street readers
Favorite Primary song:  Nephi's Courage ("I Will Go, I Will Do!")
Favorite song:  Here We Are Together
What are you good at?  Singing
What do you get in trouble for?  Hitting my sister
Favorite color:  Yellow
What do you want to be when you grow up?  Garbage man
What makes you laugh?  Tickles

1 comment:

Jennifer Rasmussen said...

Miles looks so much like Bryan it is crazy! He is such a sweetie. I enjoyed seeing your kids when I was there (well, except Bree, too bad I missed her.) I am glad you had a successful Thanksgiving, hosting is so stressful. I agree about Black Friday/Cyber Monday, we haven't been to a brick and mortar store for months. Go Amazon Prime!